Dr. King is a native of Oklahoma. After serving in the Peace Corps and living and working around the world for six years, he obtained his doctorate in medicine from the University of Oklahoma in 1996. This same year he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
He completed his residency at UAMS West in 1999. After completing his residency, he spent time as an Air Force physician and in private practice. Dr. King returned to UAMS West as a faculty member in July 2007.
Dr. King and his wife, Virginia, have four children. His outside interests include fly fishing, University of Oklahoma football and politics.
- Family Medicine
- Residency – UAMS Fort Smith, 1999
- Medical School – University of Oklahoma, Norman, 1996
- American Board of Family Medicine
- ACLS, ATLS, NRF, STABLE Certifications
- ALSO Approved Instructor
- Served as Peace Corps Volunteer in Sierra Leone from 1984-1987
- Worked in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America