Edward Gills, MD, is a family medicine physician at UAMS West in Fort Smith. Dr. Gills completed medical school at the University of Texas Medical School at Galveston and a family medicine residency at Scott & White Hospital/Texas A & M University Health Sciences Center in Temple Texas. Pursuant to a special interest in obstetrics, Dr. Gills did a fellowship in obstetrics at the University of Mississippi Medical Center/Methodist Hospitals in Jackson, Mississippi. He did a Rural Medicine fellowship in Tacoma, Washington, with Multicare/University of Washington. Before coming to UAMS in 2015, he was on faculty at OU Tulsa Family Medicine in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
His interests are varied, eclectic, constantly evolving, and include the full scope of Family Medicine. He and his wife Barbara have a daughter, Lindsay. He enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, playing tennis and reads vociferously.
- Family Medicine
- Rural Medicine Fellowship – Multicare University of Washington
- Obstetrics Fellowship – University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Residency – Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center
- Medical School – University of Texas Medical School – Galveston
- American Board of Family Medicine